Pages

Thursday, 16 March 2017

More Flowers and a Mice Cuppa Tea

Hi everyone, I'm back with another couple of cards today and the first uses more of those large roses I'm trying to get rid of. The paper is Dovecraft 'princess fairytale' with some oddments of lace and ribbon added before attaching to the card blank. The sentiment is a Woodware stamp which I cut with a Tattered Lace nesting die and then matted on to some card that I cut cut with the next size die. The sprig die is Marianne Designs which I've had for eons and now finally given up on - no matter how much I've tried it just won't cut properly any more despite using quick release foam, trying to sharpen it with foil, using it in different machines, etc - so now it's finally in the bin. The butterfly is a Cheery Lynn die with a couple of pearls added and to finish I added some sparkle with Stickles.




 I made this for Mrs A's Butterfly challenge where it's butterflies and E for edges and/or the colour mint green.


For my second card I printed one of the sheets from the Joanna Sheen House Mouse decoupage CD. The yellow striped paper is from another House Mouse CD, the green paper is a leftover from the card above and I added some ribbon and pearls to finish it off.




I made this for the following challenges

CD Sunday challenge 'enjoy tea / coffee'   and these little meecies are certainly doing that!

Deep Ocean challenge 'dots and/or stripes'

House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge 'let's have a party / anything goes option'


Thanks for popping by today and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I'm off now to pour myself a cuppa and put my feet up.

16 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely Andrea. Sorry to hear about the die, but then, sometimes, you just have to give in and bin it!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards Andrea. Love the colours in the first one....shame about your die, one way of reducing your stash I guess! Those mice look like they are in a hot tub of tea!..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards Andrea, the first one is so pretty and I love your fun House-Mouse image.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x
    With my DT hat on, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely cards and brilliant description of how you made them. Obviously I love the one you have made for us at CD Sunday. Love those meeces.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun card, perfect for the theme at CD Sunday. Those mice are certainly enjoying their tea but not in the usual way.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two simply perfect cards Andrea, I did giggle at the comment about "trying to get rid of" I know exactly what you mean! But they do looks so good on this lovely card.
    Great house mouse card, super image and design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute. Just looking at the word Mint Magic makes my mouth water. Great job of decoupaging. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Bunny - Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so delicate looking and I love the roses with the mint green backing. Probably too late now but did you try using wax paper in the die cut. Thankyou for fluttering by the butterfly garden. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely cards and I love the sentiment on the first one.

    Those mice are a hoot aren't they always up to something!! Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday and showing us your lovely creation.
    Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards, the green paper is used in very different but equally lovely ways. Pity about the die, I agree it's time to give up with it though. Thanks for sharing your lovely house mouse card at CD Sundays
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards the first 's sentiment is beautiful as are the papers and layout, the tea one is perfect for the challenge and of course it's one of my favourits house mouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful image for our challenge. House Mouse always makes me smile. The first card is beautiful too. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards,
    I love the house mouse with the teapot, brilliant just right for the challenge
    Thank you joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super fun T party image Kanda..these guys are so relaxed great take on the Party chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kanda, love your decoupaged card. Such a sweet image and love the layers. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two super cards. The first one is so classy and elegant and I love the cute image on the second card.

    Shame about your die. Did you try using a metal shim? I wouldn't be without mine for those dies which don't cut cleanly or are really intricate.

    Thank you for joining in Butterfly Challenge #74 - Good luck
    Liz - Guest Designer Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.