Pages

Sunday, 19 March 2017

CAS and a CASE

Good morning to you all and I hope you're having a happy and healthy weekend.

I've another twosome for you today and the first is a snippets make and also a CASE. I used Spellbinders Impressabilities 'flowers' to stencil the background with blue ink (doen't really show up in the photo though) and then attached it to a kraft card base. I used my NBUS Memory Box 'breezy waves' die for the branches and hand cut the leaves. For the nesting boxes I used an Xcut hexagon die which I trimmed along two sides, added some strips for the roof and punched a hole before hanging them from the branches with a hand drawn string. Finally I added a sentiment which was a magazine freebie - not sure if it was me or the sentiment but it looks a bit blurred so I think I'll have to do a cover up job before it goes flying off anywhere!



I'm skipping over to see Miss Di and the playmates at Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge as this was made entirely from snippets.....

and I'm also heading over to Time Out challenge as this was a CASE of Jenny's fabulous card below


and finally to AAA Cards challenge CAS game #86 - Diecuts


For my second card I've gone with an adorable Penny Black stamp 'here comes christmas' coloured with my usual Promarkers, chalks for the sky and a dash of Stickles for the snow. I added a Uniko sentiment from the 'most wonderful' stamp set, then matted with some red mirricard and attached to the card blank.


I've made this for the following challenges

Stamping Sensations challenge 'close to nature'

Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes' my 3rd entry

As You Like It challenge 'favourite stamp brand and why' my 3rd entry
It has to be Penny Black.... who could not fall in love with these little hedgies and they have so many images suitable for any occasion.

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'anything goes christmas with option no patterned paper'


So that's it from me for today. Thanks for popping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

21 comments:

  1. I love the background flowers for your Time Out card, adds a nice grounding for your card. And your colouring on the second card is superb. Thanks for joining Time Out and for leaving us a lovely comment on our main blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable hedgehogs, who wouldn't like this gorgeous card?! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 325 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Andrea, lovely little bird houses and your branch looks fabulous.
    Your Christmas card is adorable, such a cute image and lovely CAS design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards Andrea. Love the designs and the cute hedgies
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely CAS card and very cute image. Thank you for joining us again at As You Like It x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards Andrea, a great take on the original and love the PB stamps on the second card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two super cards Andrea. The Penny Black image is really cute. Clever use of your dies on the first card. It's a perfects snippets card too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first card is a perfect CASE for the challenge, Andrea, and what a fantastic use of the waves die for a branch! Clever sausage!! Your second card couldn't be any cuter with those sweet hedgies frolicking in the snow!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous little bird house dies, and so clever to us a wave die for the branches. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What a clever way you made those little bird houses Andrea - they're brilliant! And also super use of the 'waves' die as well, never would have thought of that idea in a million years!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two really sweet creations Andrea, love the first with the birdhouses and of course the PB hedgies totally appeal, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, how fabulous is your CASE of Jennys card!! Its so sweet and absolutely love the background detail in blue, adds a lot of interest to the 'sky' behind the birdhouses. So very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic cards Andrea. I like your innovative use of hexagons!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bird cages are perfect made from the hexagons. A brilliant idea and a great card. Hugs Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two adorable creations Andrea, love the bird houses and your hedgies.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both cards but how you've created the hanging bird boxes is very creative and the stencilled backdrop is clever too :) I'm glad my card inspired you to play along :)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards and great casing too.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you used die cuts as you main focal point. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous and pretty cards.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.